- Customer had 7 sites spread globally using disconnected Intralink Systems to manage Product Data.
- Lack of harmonized global engineering processes, data collaboration, lack of design re-use impeded the overall Product Development Process
- Managing multiple unsupported systems had burdened the Engineering IT Support Team and the system maintenance costs were high
- Sconce conducted an in-depth analysis of the Intralink Systems used globally to understand the data model and the current design practices
- Executed blueprinting Sessions to harmonize the Product Development Processes across sites and designed a common data model that addressed the business needs globally
- Performed a very complex data migration exercise bringing in close to 8 Million data from all the 7 sites to 1 single Windchill 9.1 PDMLink instance
- Planned the final cut-over operations accurately to avoid significant business downtime and completed the project within the stipulated period of 18 months.
- Retired all the legacy unsupported Intralink Sites, thereby reducing annual IT expenditure
- Harmonized Processes and managing data at a single source improved productivity by 30% with increased design collaboration and re-use.
- “ZERO” defects in Post Production Phase after Final cut-over helped streamline the adoption process efficiently