Legacy System Modernization
Successfully Re-Engineered Business Process and sunset large legacy systems as part of an Electronic Giant’s Global PLM Transformation Program
- The As-Is Processes were highly complex and spread across multiple legacy systems that had to be retired
- Achieve a seamless digital thread across the Product Development Process
- Needed a trusted advisor with rich Enterprise PLM consulting experience who are globally spread to support sites in USA and China
- Conducted a thorough business process re-engineering exercise globally and delivered a solution blueprint to transform the processes
- Worked out a plan to sunset large legacy systems as part of the Process Transformation Exercise
- Strategized short project release cycles and deliver 7 releases in 2.5 years in an Agile Methodology to accomplish the program vision.
- Implemented Windchill ESI for SAP with TIBCO middleware to bidirectionally integrate Windchill PLM with SAP ERP and handle complex high-volume production data.
- Globally transformed process helped minimize process gaps, thereby improving efficiency by ~20%
- “Cut the Chord” of complex mission critical applications from IBM owned systems as part of the transition agreement efficiently within the stipulated period.