Medical Template on PTC Cloud
Sconce partnered with a global leader in In-Vitro Diagnostics to improve their product information management.
- Customer’s legacy system developed in e-Matrix had reached its shelf life and hence there were frequent outages & service calls disrupting business in a big way
- The legacy system was not built per Industry Best Practices and hence there were numerous Process Gaps
- CAD Data was managed in Windchill while other critical Product Information – Documents, DHFs, DMRs, BoMs were managed in e-Matrix without any integration
- Product Non-Conformance, CAPA and Audits were managed in TrackWise separately without any integrations
- A PLM Roadmapping Workshop Session was conducted to capture the Business Vision, current process gaps and overall systems landscape
- Proposed a detailed multi-year phase-wise implementation plan to ensure Product Data is managed under a single digital thread enterprise-wide
- Moved existing Windchill PLM to the PTC Cloud and implemented Creo Data Management as part of Phase I
- Implemented PTC Windchill Medical Device Solution and configured E-Signature Approval Process to manage DHF & DMR Documents along with rendering.
- Implemented end-end closed loop Change Management Process leveraging Windchill’s OOTB framework and best practices. The implementation involved no customizations and processes were fully configured.
- Migrated Standard Documents, DHF, DMR Records and Change Records from legacy system from e-Matrix to Windchill using in-house repository of transformation tools and Windchill Bulk Migrator.
- Future Phases
- Implementing Engineering and Manufacturing Bill of Material Management in Windchill and migrate legacy BoMs from e-Matrix to Windchill
- Currently implementing Windchill QMS Processes to manage Product Non-Conformance, CAPA and Audits.
- Integrating Windchill PLM with SAP CRM to drive Product Changes from Customer Complaints managed in SAP CRM
- Reduced IT efforts to manage multiple systems by ~30%
- Overall Process Efficiency has improved by ~20% as Product Information is continued to be consolidated to one a single system (Documents, Change and CAD Data)