xBOM Transformation & Mfg Process Management
Implemented Manufacturing Process Management using Windchill MPMLink for a Japanese-based pioneer in Water Technology
- Customer was sharing Manufacturing Information and Bill of Materials in spreadsheets across the enterprise
- Multiple disconnected legacy Systems were implemented to manage manufacturing information spread across different global sites
- Very high lead time to market as data was not shared efficiently to manufacturing
- Product Scrap and rework resulting in increased cost of Product Engineering
- Implemented Windchill MPMLink to centrally manage manufacturing process data across all global sites.
- Defined an architecture for a seamless transformation of engineering BOMs to manufacturing BOMs and plant specific BOMs and eliminated spreadsheet-based collaboration which was prone to errors.
- Integrated Windchill PLM with customer’s homegrown systems to process Plant specific Bill of Materials
- Ensure smooth user transition & adoption of MPMLink based system by tailor-made training
- Transition of multiple systems to single PLM (MPMLink) system reduced IT system maintenance and support expenditure
- Early data visibility for Manufacturing Department and ability to make/change mBOM independently for every plant lowered the time to market by 40%
- Single source for all data accessible across the globe by various business units reduced Product rework and scrap, thereby reducing cost of Product Engineering